Some estate agents treat buyers differently than sellers.
At Athelstans, that’s not our approach because we believe in treating people, regardless of their role in a property transaction, in the same way.
We treat people with kindness, care, compassion, and complete professionalism.
We see the buying process as a relationship with you (the buyer), and by listening to you, we can present properties that fit your ideal home’s criteria.
Buying a home can be an emotional rollercoaster.
There can be highs, lows, tantrums, triumphs and, on some occasions, tears (of joy and frustration).
All of our tight-knit and caring team understand this, and that’s why we treat everyone well.
Unlike some of the corporate agencies out there, you are not just a name and number on a database to us.
Here are some of the ways we look after buyers.
We NEVER aggressively upsell financial services.
Because we take the time to listen to what you want from a home, location, and budget, we won’t show you any old property or unsuitable properties.
You’ll always be treated with care, honesty, courtesy, and warmth.
It’s how we like to be treated, and it’s how we feel estate agents should behave.
Here’s what you can expect when buying with us.
- We’re good listeners. When you contact us about a property you’re interested in, we take the time to learn about you, your situation, your financial position, and your property needs. The last part is essential because by listening to what kind of home you want, we can ensure your time isn’t wasted by being shown homes that don’t fit your wish list.
- We love communicating. From the initial contact to accompanying you on viewings, we will keep in touch and always provide quick feedback on any offers you’ve made. We’ll also keep you updated when a new property matching your criteria comes on the market.
- We’re all about the follow-up. When an offer is accepted, we make sure the sale’s progression is monitored and managed closely and correctly. We keep in contact with all parties such as solicitors, mortgage providers, and the sellers to get the move completed in a timeframe that works for all involved.
- We make ourselves available. The buying process can be challenging, and we realise you’ll have questions along the way. So, that’s why we make ourselves available at times that suit you. One of our team will always aim to get back to you within 24 hours.
- We genuinely care. Helping you buy a home is how we make our living. And as a small independent agency, your move is an important one to us. That’s why we do all we can to make sure your home buying experience with Athelstans is enjoyable, successful, and one you look back on with a smile.